Connecting to Kitchen Printers allows you to route orders you receive from your Dash-enabled website or other delivery services connected to Dash. These orders then magically print to your existing kitchen printers connected to the same network your iPad is connected to.
Before we get started, make sure that you have added and enabled a Kitchen in your Dashboard and given it a name (you can create multiple kitchens and bars) and used the Bulk Edit option to route your items to that kitchen or bar.
Here is how it works:
1. Once you have logged in to your Dash App on your iPad, tap the Menu Icon on the top right to open the Menu on the Left-Hand Side of your iPad's screen.
2. Navigate to the Settings Option and choose Printers
3. Once here, tap the "Connect a Printer" button to begin discovery of your network-connected kitchen printers. Once discovered, they will show up in a list.
Note: Please make sure that your compatible printers are connected to the same network that your iPad is connected to. The printers will need to be connected to your LAN using Ethernet Cables to either your network switch or directly to your router. This same router may also be providing the WiFi connection that your iPad connects to.
4. Next, tap the printer you need to connect to Dash for kitchen order printing. You will see the options for the following:
Expediter Printer: This option will enable the selected printer to perform the printing of the full order. This is usually the receipt like print out you would use to attach to the food package for pickup or delivery.
Kitchen Printer: Select this option to enable the selected printer to print kitchen tickets from your online orders. This option will also display the name of the Kitchen you created in the dashboard. e.g. "Kitchen 1", "Salad Station", "Fryer" etc. All menu items routed to this kitchen name created in the dashboard will print here.
Bar Printer: Select this option to enable the selected printer to print bar tickets from your online orders. This option will also display the name of the Bar you created in the dashboard. e.g. "Bar 1", "Drinks Station", "Bubble Tea Spot" etc. All menu items routed to this bar name created in the dashboard will print here.
Note: You can have one printer enabled to do more than one thing. Just select the options from the list and hit Done!
5. You can now add as many printers as you'd like. Just follow the same steps as above with the additional printers.
6. If you need to remove a printer from Dash, it is very easy to do so. Just slide the printer row from right to left and tap Delete!